ICD-9 & 10 and CPT Coding Consulting
AMS Consulting Services’ inpatient and outpatient coding consultants are credentialed by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC). They are qualified to assist our clients in all aspects of coding.
Our areas of medical coding expertise include:
- Outpatient Surgery
- Physician Evaluation and Management (E/M)
- Emergency Department E/M
- Interventional Radiology
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Gastroenterology (GI)/Endoscopy
- Inpatient/Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups (MS-DRG)
- Drug Administration
Contract Coding Services – Our inpatient and outpatient coding consultants are AHIMA or AAPC credentialed and are qualified to assist our clients in:
- Reducing coding backlogs;
- Providing back-up support during staffing shortages; and,
- Performing ongoing coding support services.
Outpatient Coding Reviews – Our outpatient coding consultants will:
- Validate the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)/Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) and International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM)/10th Revision ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding assignment for outpatient services;
- Review the medical record documentation against the hospital’s final billing claim to confirm reporting accuracy;
- Provide an assessment of documentation quality for supporting medical necessity; and,
- Review all supporting medical record documentation including the physician order, physician progress notes, results for diagnostic tests/studies, and/or procedural documentation for completeness.
Inpatient Coding Reviews – Our inpatient coding specialists will:
- Validate the ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM code sequencing of the principal and secondary diagnoses and procedures for the assignment of the MS-DRG;
- Conduct a thorough review of the medical record documentation against the hospital final billing claim to confirm reporting accuracy; and,
- Confirm the coder assigned present on admission (POA) indicators and discharge status (disposition).
For further information regarding the ICD-9, ICD-10, and CPT Coding Consulting Services, Contact Us